Forum Discussion

14 years ago

java.io.FileNotFoundException error

Hi,

I would really appriciate some help on this as I am stuck!!

I am trying to start a mock service but I am getting the following error when I click on the start button from the Mock Service window,

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-3.6.1\bin (Access is denied)

I have check that this directory exists and that I have got permissions to this area.

Could someone shed some light on this please.

Regards
Gary

10 Replies

• Not sure this will help you after all this time, but:

I started getting this error when I selected the following settings in Preferences>SSL Settings:

"enable SSL for Mock services" and "requires client authentication"

As a newbie, I was feeling my way along trying to make my mock service act as much as possible as the "as-yet-unavailable" service for which I needed to build a client.

A long weekend caused me to forget that I'd set these before I left and I saw the same error message you reported all morning before I thought to try clearing them. Clearing them made the problem go away.

Regards
    Finan
    Frequent Contributor
    The exact problem would be easier to pinpoint if you could provide the error-log from the error-tab?
    andersot
    Occasional Contributor
    This is what I'm receiving with 3.6.1; I validated that my HTTPS/SSL preference is not disabled, and neither is client authentication:

Wed Jun 01 13:59:34 CDT 2011:ERROR:java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-3.6.1\bin (Access is denied)
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-3.6.1\bin (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.mortbay.resource.FileResource.getInputStream(FileResource.java:275)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.createFactory(SslSocketConnector.java:238)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.newServerSocket(SslSocketConnector.java:448)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:283)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:147)
    at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:235)
    at com.eviware.soapui.monitor.JettyMockEngine.startMockService(JettyMockEngine.java:136)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockRunner.<init>(WsdlMockRunner.java:101)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockService.start(WsdlMockService.java:206)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockService.start(WsdlMockService.java:493)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.mock.WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel.startMockService(WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel.java:413)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.iface.GenerateMockServiceAction.generateMockService(GenerateMockServiceAction.java:129)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.importWsdl(AddWsdlAction.java:142)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.perform(AddWsdlAction.java:105)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.perform(AddWsdlAction.java:55)
    at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:89)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
    andersot
    Occasional Contributor
    Apparantly the SSL/TLS settings are cached, so a shutdown / restart of 3.6.1 is required for the generated mock service to run successfully. However, the (AWT/swing?) / GUI threads appear to lock up after the service does start, rendering the test suite/case tree unusable; had to resort to the task manager [Windows 7 Enterprise / IE 8 environmnet].
  • Has anyone found the answer to this? I am getting the exact same issue - and have checked the SSL settings I have nothing checked there.
  • Is there any solution to this problem?
    I have also tried to setup full rights to the whole directory strucutre but it does not help.
    I have even started the application as Administrator, without any result.

This is the error I get
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\eviware\soapUI-3.5\bin (Access is denied)
      rremedios
      Occasional Contributor

Was this issue resolved and if so how. I get the same error with SoapUI 5.2.1.

Thannks

java4dev wrote:
      Is there any solution to this problem?
      I have also tried to setup full rights to the whole directory strucutre but it does not help.
      I have even started the application as Administrator, without any result.

This is the error I get
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\eviware\soapUI-3.5\bin (Access is denied)

wujianyy
        Contributor

could you cope the whole folder of soapui into another folder(can be accessed)? then run soapui.bat or soapui.exe 

• This error is still alive in 5.4.

I enabled SSL first, and hat no error messages.

I got the error message after editing the SoapUI-5.4.0.vmoptions file (to add TLS support).

Returning to the old version of the file did not help,

I had to uninstall and reinstall SoapUI completely, then it worked again (in the original way).

I reproduced this a couple of times.

- Installing to different directory didn't help either

- After an unclean deinstallation, even reinstall does not help anymore.

- I thought of windows rights, but even running as Administrator did not help.

- with SSL disabled, it works

Error Log:

Tue Jul 10 15:30:25 CEST 2018:ERROR:java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.4.0\bin (Zugriff verweigert)
       java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.4.0\bin (Zugriff verweigert)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
           at org.mortbay.resource.FileResource.getInputStream(FileResource.java:275)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.createFactory(SslSocketConnector.java:242)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.newServerSocket(SslSocketConnector.java:476)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:283)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:147)
           at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:235)
           at com.eviware.soapui.monitor.JettyMockEngine.startMockService(JettyMockEngine.java:147)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockRunner.start(WsdlMockRunner.java:203)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockRunner.<init>(WsdlMockRunner.java:73)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractMockService.start(AbstractMockService.java:250)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractMockService.start(AbstractMockService.java:223)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractMockService.start(AbstractMockService.java:59)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.mock.WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel.startMockService(WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel.java:415)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.mock.WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel$RunMockServiceAction.actionPerformed(WsdlMockServiceDesktopPanel.java:556)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)