Forum Discussion

nagoorkj
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

is there any option to read the total project execution time through groovy

is there any option to read the total project execution time taken through groovy

I tried to by creating two properites 

Date startTime= new Date()

Very first test case and ending of test case 

Date EndTime= new Date()

setting to project level property but i unable to compare the dates since it is taking data type as string ault dddefault format is  "Sat May 18 23:54:29 IST 2019"

it will be very helpful if some one could answer on this?

I came to  alternate option as ProjectRunListener but i am not sure to how to proceed with this

regards,

Nagoor

•  

first Testcases:

import groovy.time.*
    import java.text.SimpleDateFormat

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue('exeStarttime', new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss").format(new Date()))

last testCases:

import groovy.time.*

Date exeEndtime = new Date();

SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss") Date exeStarttime = dateFormat.parse(testRunner.testCase.testSuite.getPropertyValue("exeStarttime")); TimeDuration duration=TimeCategory.minus(exeEndtime, exeStarttime); log.info duration

Output : 10.0000 seconds.

Hope it will help you.

nagoorkj
    5 years ago

I am happy to accept this answer.it is working fine, just i  need to place it in tear down and set up scripts 

5 Replies

ShasiSingh
    Occasional Contributor

first Testcases:

import groovy.time.*

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue('exeStarttime', new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss").format(new Date()))

last testCases:

import groovy.time.*

Date exeEndtime = new Date();

SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss") Date exeStarttime = dateFormat.parse(testRunner.testCase.testSuite.getPropertyValue("exeStarttime")); TimeDuration duration=TimeCategory.minus(exeEndtime, exeStarttime); log.info duration

Output : 10.0000 seconds.

Hope it will help you.

MartinSpamer
      Frequent Contributor

The total execution time of test project is essentially a meaningless metric from a performance testing point of view unless you can eliminate the non-determinacy of network latency.  It might be slightly useful as a very broad responsiveness under load with a sufficient large sample.

If you still want to do it, then use the groovy provided by ShasiSingh but I suggest putting it in the Setup & TearDown scripts for the Test Suite.

nagoorkj
        Contributor

exactly you are right i plan to put on set up and tear down then only it will work as expected

nagoorkj
      Contributor

I am happy to accept this answer.it is working fine, just i  need to place it in tear down and set up scripts