Forum Discussion

Martin_Lazar
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

importing initial wsdl fails

Hi, I posted one topic week ago. That was about using soapui as a proxy. Robert fixed the problem, i downloaded nightly build from 1.4.2009 and everything worked. But some other thing messed up. I cannot import initial WSDL. It infinetely tries to import WSDL with no result. I have to close that window manualy. I tried completely uninstall, install again(also with other versions like trial 2.5.1 and 2.0.2) but didnt work either. I tried to reinstall JDK too. When i was uninstalling soapui, i cleaned registry too. Might that be  causing the problem, that i improperly deleted some registry setting for soap in windows xp? Thanks!

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Did you remove proxy host, port before you tried to import wsdl, I assume that you tried to download it from server not local file?

robert
    Martin_Lazar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, I completely reinstalled soapUi, tried with several versions and it is not working. It looks like i deleted or corrupted some windows registry settings but am not able to find out what is wrong.If I do the same steps with the same webservice and with the same soapui version installed on different computer, WSDL imports no problem. I just cant get it up and running on my W-xp. By "different computer" i mean e.g virtual pc on the same comp. Thanks for your reply. 
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

soapUI doesn't set any registry settings.. could it be a firewall issue? (ie your local firewall is not allowing the new java process to make outgoing network connections)?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Martin_Lazar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello

Im still having firewall turned off. That is not the problem. When i was deleting soapui in registry(not settings but some entries) i may have coincidentally delete som windows soap settings(i was searching the word "soap" in windows registry one by one and i found some with "soapui" and some with "soap"). Maybe this is the issue, maybe not. But that is the only thing that changed in system. I will reinstall and problem is solved thanks for your time