Forum Discussion

Herve
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

content-type 'application/soap+msbin1'

Bonjour,

Trying to work with SaopUI 2.5.1 on a Webservice developped on IIS6 within my company's environement.

I got the following error :
"HTTP/1.1 415 Cannot process the message because the content type 'application/soap+xml;charset=UTF-8;action="http://tempuri.org/IApplicationSettings/GetConfigurationParameter"' was not the expected type 'application/soap+msbin1'."

I would like
1) to understantd where is the error
- server side (webservice enable to decode the request)
- client side (SoapUI enable to decode the respons)
2) to know how I could change SoapUI settings to be able to call this webservices.

Thanks for your help.

Herve.

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

It seems your Web Service required the request to have a specific Content-Type, namely "application/soap+msbin1", whereas soapUI by default sends a different type. To change this, open the Headers tab in the request editor and add a new header. Name it "Content-Type" and set the value to "application/soap+msbin1". This should cause the correct content type to be sent. Good luck!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    Herve
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the tip on how to change the content-type header
    I did try it but with no succes.Changing only the header give a "bad request"  error because the content type is not actually changed.
    My guess is that this web service is configured to receive compressed requests according to some Microsoft proprietary format. However, I can't find much on the internet about this format... Not very W3C compliant .....
    Herve
    Occasional Contributor
    Does anyone know something about this "soap+msbin1" content type.
    I searched the web with very very little result.
    Any help appreciated ...

Hervé.