Forum Discussion

DADavis
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

computer is offline and SoapUI can't access the Internet

I'm getting this message/spash screen:

Hi there!

You're getting this message since your computer is offline and SoapUI can't access the Internet. Without an Internet connection, you might experience some issues when performing Web Service testing.

Usually, this is where you would see the SoapUI start page, which includes the latest news and other relevant information.

Make sure to connect to the Internet to get access to all the services and information from SmartBear.

Thanks!
The SmartBear SoapUI Team

I have internet access. Actually, I'm on the same computer now.

I've tried saving my projects and restarting SOAPUI 5.5.0 and it still gives me the same response.

I've done several wireless/wired resets that usually fixes any internet problems - no difference.

I'll try rebooting next but thought I would give this a try while my machine resets.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a newbie, so far the program has been really nice...up to now.

Thanks!

Dave

740-815-3886

• Thank you nmrao!:smileyhappy:

DADavis It looks like you ansered to the email sent by the Community directly, I'll just copy your latest reply here:

>>

Nmrao,

Thanks again, I figured out my problem.

- Even despite SoapUP spash screen didn’t come up and it tells me it isn’t connected, it still worked and I was able to access the internet

- Apparently the Endpoint or version I was using wasn’t valid and I finally found a URL that would work.

Appreciate your help, sometimes just talking thru these kind of problems helps straighten out your thinking and open up other avenues for solution.

<<

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Difficult to isolate issues.
    So, the computer has access to internet, right?

Ok, let the tool say that you are offline.
    What is the actual issue that you face with the tool or your work?
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you nmrao!:smileyhappy:

DADavis It looks like you ansered to the email sent by the Community directly, I'll just copy your latest reply here:

>>

Nmrao,

Thanks again, I figured out my problem.

- Even despite SoapUP spash screen didn’t come up and it tells me it isn’t connected, it still worked and I was able to access the internet

- Apparently the Endpoint or version I was using wasn’t valid and I finally found a URL that would work.

Appreciate your help, sometimes just talking thru these kind of problems helps straighten out your thinking and open up other avenues for solution.

<<