Forum Discussion

pmartin73
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Validation of SOAP-Encoded messages is not supported

I'm trying to use SOAPUI to determine if the response I'm getting back from a SOAP API is consistent with its own WSDL schema. Why is SOAPUI not able to do this?

Attached are the response and the WSDL.

9 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey pmartin73,

SoapUI does support what youre asking, can you clarify exactly what youre trying to do and the steps youre doing to do this please? I want to make sure i understand exactly what you need.

Ta

Rich
      pmartin73
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for asking, Rich! I'm trying to do what is outlined here, and receiving the error which is the subject of my original post:

Given a soap response message and a WSDL file, I just want to validate that the response message complies with the WSDL.

Zip file containing response message and WSDL attached.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey pmartin73,

Ok. So seems straightforward. How did you add in the .wsdl to soapui....did you create an empty project and add in the soap services manually or did you create the project from the .wsdl itself? If you created the project against the .wsdl itself, then this auto generates the different soap operations and even adds testcases.

When testing a soap service i always create the project from the .wsdl...it makes it a lot easier. Once that is done, create your testsuite, testcase and add the soap teststep in (which is actually a child of the relevant soap operation you select) and if you do this, it dynamically generate the payload content of the request.

When you add in the soap teststep after selecting the correct operation there should be a window/form generated for the soap test step whicj includes a checkbox entitled 'Add schema assertion (adds validatiom that response complies with schema).

Make any other alterations you require to payload content and thats it. Submit the request and the response is checked against the schema referenced or imported via the .wsdl.

Or instead of editing the settings when you create the step you can also just add in a schema compliance assertion..this will do the same.

Thats it.

Nice one

Rich