Forum Discussion

Manoj
Contributor
17 years ago

Using data of same/diff test suite values in diff teststeps

Hi,

I want to use the out put(result) of one teststep1 as input of another teststep2 in the same test suite or in different test suite.
Is it possible through soapUI-Pro?
Ex- say I have temperature conversion wsdl which does 2 operations.
1- Conversions from Celsius to Fahrenheit
2- Conversions from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
Say In 1st operation I provided 10 and got 50 as response.
In the 2nd operation I should use 50 to get 10.
Is there any aoutomatic way the 2nd operation will take the 1st operation's out put value as input parameter to it?

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

If the TestsTeps are in the same TestCase, you can use either a PropertyTransfer or PropertyExpansion to transfer/get the desired value from the first response to the second request.

If the TestSteps are in different TestCases/TestSuites then you need to use a PropertyTransfer after the first request to transfer the desired value to a corresponding TestCase/TestSuite property, and then again a PropertyTransfer or PropertyExpansion for the second request to "use" this value.

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am using 1.7.6 version of soapUI.
    I had done the above and able to do a property transfer in the same step by cloning the operation of diff test case to the same testcase.
    But in the property transfer source step of test case1 , I can not find the property created in the test case2 or vice versa.
    Is there any groovy that can solve the problem?
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

yes, you can do this with groovy: after your first request create a groovy script that gets the property and writes it to a properties-step in the second testcase, from which you then can do a property-transfer before the request in that tescase. The script would be something like

def value = ..get property value using groovyutils/xmlholder..
    def tc = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.getTestCaseByName( "seconds testcase")
    def props = tc.getTestStepByName( "properties" )
    props.setPropertyValue( "..", value )

Hope this helps,

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com