Forum Discussion

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

that would be source dist, you need to build it before use. There is z *bin.zip dist which is platform-Independent, if you have problems building soapUI.

robert
  • Hi robert,

thanx for the reply but could you guide me some more I'm pretty newbie with all those things.

are there any "step by step" guide to do what your telling me ? or could you tell me the steps I have to do to run SOAPUI on my PC ?

I guess should be somethign like: 1.- download the file http://..... 2.- compile with the command"...." 3.- run the program executing "....",... isnt it ?

Thanx in advance
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I assume you have java already installed for building soapUI you need maven also. But insted doing that you could easly download *-bin.zip from source forge ( follow link you provided ). Create dir named soapui, unzip it there. Go in and look for bin directory. In it you have *.sh scripts. Just do "sh soapui.sh" and it should work.

Let me know,

robert
  • Ok,

I will do it this weekend at home (I have this problem with my personal computer, I mean, at my place) at work I have installed the 32 bits version.

i will inform you

Many Thanx again Robert