Forum Discussion

BhuvanShanmugam
Contributor
16 years ago

Transfer of property from one request's response to next request - Error

Hi,

I have a 'Open' request and want to use the 'session ID' from its response in the 'Close' request.

I did this using GetData->Open->Response->sessionID and it throws the following error dring validation.

"error: decimal: Invalid decimal value: unexpected char '36'; T=int@http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

The XPath value that I am setting is
"${Open#Response#//tol:authenticateUserResponse[1]/tol:sessionId[1]}"

The field type is integer. The ascii value of $ is 36 and somehow there seems to be a relation between these...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhuvan.

I also tried to insert a 'project level' property as show below for this field. That too gave the same error for validation.

${#Project#ID12345}

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

this is a bug in the current version that incorrectly tries to validate the property-expansion expression (and not its value) against the corresponding type.. will be fixed in next version.. sorry..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Ole,

If I use a project level property, it works all right.
    On a Mock service If I use a request field to fill a response field, it works all right there too.

I wonder if the problem is specific to using a field from one responses field to next request ?!

Could you also let me know when are you planning for a next patch / full version.

Thanks,
    Bhuvan.
  • Ole,

This problem is hitting me a bit strongly.

I am not able to use a data from the request nor a project level property to fill in a field for the mock response. (For example I need the 'session id' field to be sent back and forth for a set of req/resp but copying this field doesnt seem to work out.

Do you suggest any other alternatives?

Thanks,
    Bhuvan.

PS: I am a Pro version user.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Bhuvan,

Can you send me your project file and tell me exactly what you want to transfer from where and I'll have a look!

(ole@eviware.com)

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Ole,

I have sent a separate mai to you attaching required information. Thanks for the help.

Bhuvan.
  • Hi Ole,

I have now installed the 2.5 BETA and that too throws the same error as reported. Could you please check if this is fixed?

Thanks,
    Bhuvan.