Forum Discussion

stephenl
New Contributor
14 years ago

Tools and gSOAP

Hi all,
I'm releatively new to soapUI and was wondering if someone could clarify what the Tools section is all about? I have a web service, written using WCF and I want to test to see if I can use gSOAP to invoke the service. Can I use soapUI to generate the requests via gSOAP rather than its native implementation? I'm not familiar with C or C++ so this would be a great way to bypass my limitation. Is this possible?

So far I have added the executables to the Tools window (c\:temp\gsoap-2.8\gsoap\bin\win32), added the wsdl to the wsdl to the gSOAP Artifacts window and hit generate. This gives me the following error:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cmd.exe" (in directory ""): CreateProcess error=123, The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
------
Running GSoap
directory: C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-3.6.1\bin
command: [cmd.exe, /C, C:\Temp\gsoap-2.8\gsoap\bin\win32\wsdl2h, -v, http://machinename/Service.svc?wsdl]

Has anyone used gSOAP and soapUI? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

stephenl

1 Reply

stephenl
    New Contributor
    Further investigation into this issue has proved fruitless. I have seen some posts where others have suggested that it may have something to do with the Java environmental variables but they seem to be ok. Here is the log from SoapUI:

2011-01-23 18:20:43,381 ERROR [errorlog] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cmd.exe" (in directory ""): CreateProcess error=123, The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "cmd.exe" (in directory ""): CreateProcess error=123, The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.iface.tools.support.ProcessToolRunner.run(ProcessToolRunner.java:105)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=123, The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    ... 3 more

Can anyone please help me sort this out. Thanks!

Regards,
    stephenl