cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The signature or decryption was invalid

SOLVED
New Contributor

The signature or decryption was invalid

Hi All! When I issue a request using SoapUI 3.5 I get a successful response. When I attempt the same request using SoapUI 5.6, I get a failure response, <faultcode>wsse:FailedCheck</faultcode>
<faultstring>The signature or decryption was invalid</faultstring>
<detail>error:04091068:rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad signature</detail>. Furthermore, if I copy the message payload from 5.6 back to 3.5, I get a successful response. Does anyone have any working knowledge as to why this may be? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: The signature or decryption was invalid

Okay. I have a bead on the issue. I was reviewing with a colleague today that observed through Fiddler that the content-length was not consistent with the request body length. the difference in content-length reflected the number of lines in the message. On a whim, we used Notepad++ to convert all newline characters to end of line characters and voila! Success!!! Somewhere between Fiddler and our text editor, the end of line characters were being converted to newline characters. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Hey @jtslimited 

I'd use Fiddler to try and identify the issue.

Fiddler can be used as a proxy - you pass the requests to your endpoint via Fiddler and it scrapes the detail from the request.

So I'd setup SoapUI v3.5 with Fiddler as a proxy and submit the request - export the request details for later comparison

Then I'd setup SoapUI v5.6 with Fiddler as a proxy and submit the request 

Compare the details - this should indicate the differences between the requests helping you to diagnose the issue.

ta

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
New Contributor

Hey Rich! Thanks for the suggestion. I'm having trouble with SoapUI 5.6 trusting Fiddler as a proxy. So I pivoted to a simple .net application that posts the request I've copied out of SoapUI 3.5. The Fiddler traces for raw request body between SoapUI 3.5 and my utility are a match. I'll continue to investigate. 

New Contributor

Okay. I have a bead on the issue. I was reviewing with a colleague today that observed through Fiddler that the content-length was not consistent with the request body length. the difference in content-length reflected the number of lines in the message. On a whim, we used Notepad++ to convert all newline characters to end of line characters and voila! Success!!! Somewhere between Fiddler and our text editor, the end of line characters were being converted to newline characters. 

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements