cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testrunner throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder exception

Occasional Contributor

Testrunner throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder exception

Hi community, I have a set of tests. When I run them in SoapUI, it's fine no error. However, when I run them using testrunner, I get errors like:

C:\Tools\SoapUI-5.4.0\bin>testrunner.bat ..\test-soapui-project.xml
2019-01-10 09:48:30,041 [main] WARN com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI - Could not find jfxrt.jar. Internal browser will be disabled.
SoapUI 5.4.0 TestCase Runner
Configuring log4j from [C:\Tools\SoapUI-5.4.0 Copy\bin\soapui-log4j.xml]
09:48:30,520 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [C:\Users\pc\soapui-settings.xml]
09:48:31,459 INFO [PluginManager] 0 plugins loaded in 0 ms
09:48:31,459 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder at com.smartbear.analytics.impl.SoapUIOSMixpanelProviderFactory.allocateProvider(SoapUIOSMixpanelProviderFactory.java:39) at com.smartbear.analytics.AnalyticsManager.registerAnalyticsProviderFactory(AnalyticsManager.java:92) at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.AnalyticsHelper.initializeAnalytics(AnalyticsHelper.java:64) at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:335) at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:202) at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:137) at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:112) at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.main(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:122) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.BASE64Decoder at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583) at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178) at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521) ... 8 more

I've been googling around and it seems that sun/misc/BASE64Decoder has been deprecated since JAVA 9. I'm using JDK 11 and Soapui open source version 5.4.0. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Again, It only happens with testrunner. 

9 REPLIES 9
Occasional Contributor

Re: Testrunner throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder exception

Hi wenesmad,

indeed :

• sun.misc.BASE64Encoder  is available for Java <= 8
  • java.util.Base64 is available in Java >= 8

have you tried using java.util.Base64?

Regards

-Konstantinos

Occasional Contributor

Re: Testrunner throws java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder exception

Hi Konstantinos, 

Thanks for the reply. How can we change Testrunner to use java.util.Base64 instead of sun.misc.BASE64Encoder?

Regards.

Occasional Contributor

If you use base64 in groovy, somethink like this can do the trick:

import java.io.*
import  java.util.Base64

//Set string
def s = 'Test String'

//Encode with Base64
String encoded = s.bytes.encodeBase64().toString()
log.info encoded

//Assert the expected encoded string is the right one
assert 'VGVzdCBTdHJpbmc=' == encoded

//Decode with Base64
byte[] decoded = encoded.decodeBase64()

//Assert is equals
assert s == new String(decoded)
log.info s

Do you get the error somewhere else?

Occasional Contributor

Hi Konstantinos, 

Sorry, I should be more detailed in my original post. The problem is that I have a set of tests. If I run them in SoapUI, it's fine, no errors. However if I run them using testrunner, I get errors like this:

16:02:36,342 INFO  [PluginManager] 0 plugins loaded in 3 ms
16:02:36,343 INFO  [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Decoder
        at com.smartbear.analytics.impl.SoapUIOSMixpanelProviderFactory.allocateProvider(SoapUIOSMixpanelProviderFactory.java:39)
        at com.smartbear.analytics.AnalyticsManager.registerAnalyticsProviderFactory(AnalyticsManager.java:92)
        at com.eviware.soapui.analytics.AnalyticsHelper.initializeAnalytics(AnalyticsHelper.java:64)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:335)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:202)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:137)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:112)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.main(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:122)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.BASE64Decoder
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
        ... 8 more

Any clue on how to fix it?  

Occasional Contributor

How do i reproduce the error? Can you share a simple project with test suite and test case?

Thank you

-Konstantinos

Occasional Contributor

Download this zip: https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.eviware/soapuios/5.4.0/SoapUI-5.4.0-windows-bin.zip, and there is a "test-soapui-project.xml". If you run the testrunner in the bin folder of the zip on the "test-soapui-project.xml", you'll be able to see the error. 

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Community Hero

It appears that you are using custom java than provided by SoapUI.

The same java needs to be referred by the soapUI.bat / testrunner.bat files in order to make it work.

Have a backup of those files before making any changes.

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Hey Rao, 

Thank you for answering the post. I dont quite understand what you meant. I have my JAVA_HOME set (see below screenshot). In both batch files, it uses this JAVA_HOME value if it exists. Can you explain a bit more about what you meant?

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

Community Hero

If you run soapui.bat or testrunner.bat from command line, you should be able to see the same java being used. Change those batch files accordingly. Because, you would like to use custom java version over the default provided by the SmartBear.

Regards,
Rao.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors