Forum Discussion

Desmond_Cassidy
Contributor
16 years ago

Test Cases...Possibility to start TestCase at a Particular Step

Hi,
  There are times when running through Test Cases that it would be 'convenient' to Resume or 'Run from this Test Step' after sorting out something simple like a misspelt Assertion check value.
  I realize that in some cases to avoid having to execute each subsequent 'Data Change' Request /Operation after the error then you could 'temporarily' change the Options of the TestCase to uncheck the "Abort on Error' or the "Fail TestCase on Error' so that it runs from the start again through to the end - reset the Options and re-run. But of course, as you can imagine, some Data Operations may be accummulative and an intended total reset of the data towards the end of the Test Case may not ensue hence even more clearing up via selective requests.

Not a desperate problem but the option to resume a TestCase with maybe 100 steps would certainly speed up some of the testing...

Cheers,

Desmond.

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Desmond,

thanks, you are not the first to request this.. it will be implemented in a future version..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

it would be great to have the general possibility of a multiselect and then do the action you want to execute for all the selected elements (eg. clone teststeps,...)

thanks christoph
  • Hi Ole,
        Excellent news....this should reduce the QA's time spent on 'cleaning up' their Test Cases on the preliminary run through of the TestSuite...

Christoph...Yes I like that suggestion...as in many cases whilst testing you might think..Mmmm...I could do with either

a) Deleting those TestStepS Selected
        b) Creating a TestCase from those StepS (i.e. Clone)

So effectively the Right Click Context Menu on a Multi-Select would have all other 'currently' available options greyed out (Possible exception Online Help -;) )

All the best Desmond...