Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swedish char in filename

SOLVED
mats2021
New Contributor

Swedish char in filename

Hi all, 

I have a script that's read a xml tag and use that name to search för a mtaching XML fil.

It works fine sp long as I don't have any SWE char in the file name, but that is sometimes required.

context.content = groovy.xml.XmlUtil.serialize(new XmlParser().parse(groovyUtils.projectPath+"/mockResponses/${fileToLoad}.xml"))

fileToLoad can for example be svenljunga.xml

and 

högsby.xml and this one not work.

The char can be å ä ö

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

It's on Linux platform 

How can I come around this?

Thank's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richie
Community Hero

Re: Swedish char in filename

Hey @mats2021,

I just reread your message and realised i hadnt read it properly. Id still set the charset as ISO_8859-1, HOWEVER, this is not in a payload but a filename that will be in a URL, right?
In that case you need to ensure the swedish chars are html/percent encoded.
Html/percent encoding encodes non english alphabet characters, so it'll change a forward slash ( '/') to %2F in a url.

So an 'o' character with 2 horizontal dots above the character (i dont know what its called in swedish so i cant help search for that, but in english the two dots are knows as 'diaeresis' or 'umlaut' or 'trema' diacritics) encodes as %c3%b6. So in your url youd replace that 'o' with the diaeresis diacritic and replace that single character with its correct html encode of '%c3%b6'

Hope ive been clear!

Ta

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
richie
Community Hero

Hey @mats2021,

You need to alter the supported charset readyapi is using. Im guessing UTF-8 (default for xml) does not include char support for Swedish characters otherwise you wouldnt be posting this message. I was gonna suggest UTF-16, but stackoverflow suggests use ISO-8859-1 as the relevant charset, so id changr my system properties char encoding to ISO-8859-1

Ta

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
richie
Community Hero

Hey @mats2021,

I just reread your message and realised i hadnt read it properly. Id still set the charset as ISO_8859-1, HOWEVER, this is not in a payload but a filename that will be in a URL, right?
In that case you need to ensure the swedish chars are html/percent encoded.
Html/percent encoding encodes non english alphabet characters, so it'll change a forward slash ( '/') to %2F in a url.

So an 'o' character with 2 horizontal dots above the character (i dont know what its called in swedish so i cant help search for that, but in english the two dots are knows as 'diaeresis' or 'umlaut' or 'trema' diacritics) encodes as %c3%b6. So in your url youd replace that 'o' with the diaeresis diacritic and replace that single character with its correct html encode of '%c3%b6'

Hope ive been clear!

Ta

Rich

View solution in original post

mats2021
New Contributor

Thank's a lot

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors