cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly soapUI get hangged and my project gets currupted

Highlighted
New Contributor

Suddenly soapUI get hangged and my project gets currupted

Suddenly soapUI got hang and my project got corrupted. It was my whole 6 days efforts. If someone of you is answerable for this then please try to help me out this unexpected problem? It is very big loss for me.. I dont understand if soapUi is getting hanged then why it is corruting my project which is stored the hard disk itself? why???? i must say this is a ridiculous thing happened in my carrier.... 

2 REPLIES 2
JT7
Occasional Contributor

Re: Suddenly soapUI get hangged and my project gets currupted

What was going on when it hung?  Were you running Groovy script?

I've noticed that if I run test cases and leave the Request/Response window open, it usually hangs.  I then have to kill SoapUI thru Task Manager and restart it.  I've lost any changes, so I've learned to Save All before running and hopefully I remember to close the Request/Response window.  This occurs on Open Source versions 4.5.0 and 5.5.0.  My script is for data driven testing and it loops, but it will hang either immediately or after 1 loop.

You can see a video of this, which just happened to me earlier this week, on YouTube http://youtu.be/zxlp_vViOHw?hd=1

Occasional Contributor

Re: Suddenly soapUI get hangged and my project gets currupted

So far I don't see any solutions. it's happened to me many times.  I have tried many options but so far no proper solutions. ( the below I have used so far )

Solutions 1: Increased memory size to 1GB 

parameter : -Xms1024m

locations : C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.3.0\bin\SoapUI-5.4.0.vmoptions"

Solutions 2: Enabled Autosave after 20 mins and before Autosave create a backup file ( atlist backup copy is not corrupted)  

Solutions 3: Disabled autoSave options. and start using Save when I wanted to save

Solutions 4: Disabled and closed unused project in your current workspace.

Solutions 5: If you are running big load ( data-driven test ) where many loops are running, run this project with testRunner batch mode 

Solutions 6: If your testSuite is running and you are doing any test Parallel please stop doing this. Many times it got hanged while sending request/response.  

with combinations of 3,4,5, I found you will never have faced any issue. but I make mistake and soapUi hanged and Project filled with null null null ( which can't be reverted back )