cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoapUI with TIBCO EMS problem

Highlighted
New Contributor

SoapUI with TIBCO EMS problem

I am having problem with making testcases for TIBCO EMS.

Main problem is when I try to create JMS endpoint from Hermes config file.
My Hermes is working ok and config file also seems ok. (I can see messages on my EMS queue.)

Is there any example or tutorial how to set up this kind of testcase or maybe correct hermes-config.xml setup for this case?

I get this error message when I try to run testcase:
"Hermes configuration is not valid. Please check that 'Hermes Config' project property is set to path of proper hermes-config.xml file"

Aparently it cannot find Hermes config file neither can find session with name EMS (but it works ok in Hermes)

On the other hand it works fine with default session "Files", but when it comes to TIBCO session it just does not work.

Thank you in advance..
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for you interest in our JMS support.

In SoapUI we are using JNDI to browse HermesJMS context , and for Tibco EMS it is a known issue that it doesn't support JNDI. ( http://hermesjms.com/confluence/display/HJMS/EMS )

We will try to resolve that issue in future.

Regards
Nebojsa
eviware.com

Learn SmartBear products in a fun and easy way and prove your knowledge!
>>Participate in the TechCorner Challenge today
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've tried to perform a helloWorld test with Hermes and a EMS Session and the truth was that I couldn't manage to do it

In Hermes I could create a Session, connect to the EMS Server and even browse queues and topics. Everything looked fine till here.

The first problem came when trying to load the Hermes property files, soapUI do not detect the EMS Session I had created, and after verifying it, it was, in fact, configured in the Hermes config file (contained, by default, in the .hermes folder).

After, I've tried the example with the ActiveMQ, just to test if the problem could be another, and this time, no problems found, when loading the hermes config file, the Session, and its queues/topics were detected and then, I could perform a couple of calls successfully.

It'd be very useful for me to be able to perform tests with JMS transport through EMS Server to test our TIBCO Services.

Please, keep us updated about its viability.

thankfully,

José Escudero
Highlighted

Hi,

there is  nightly build version of Soap UI 3.5 beta2 with fixed problem for TIBCO EMS
http://www.eviware.com/nightly-builds/soapui/3.5/

Only thing that you need to copy these two jar files from TIBCO EMS : tibjmsadmin.jar and
tibjms.jar and put them in %SOAPUI_HOME%\bin\ext

Don't forget to restart application after adding these jars.

Hope this helps.
Let us know does this works for you.

Regards
Nebojsa
eviware.com

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Fantastic! It definitely works!

At least with a very Simple helloWorld SOAP/JMS service and without exhaustive testing. But looks pretty fine.

Although, I have a question, if I may.

There isn't a way that I don't need to add the JMS endpoint? Because, when importing a WSDL with a JMS binding, such as this:

SoapUI don't make it directly available and it's necessary to posteriorly add it, and what's worst (I mean, boring), the SoapAction property needs to be added, in order to correctly invoke the service.

Despite this tiny drawback (and maybe it's just a missutilisation that I'm unfortunately doing), looks fine

If you have any recommendations or tips, they'd be very welcome

Thank you a lot,

José Escudero
Highlighted

Hi!

Great to see it is working for you!

Initially soapUI will not support any provider-specific WSDL-extensions (bindings, etc), but this is already high on our wish-list for an upcoming versino

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

Highlighted
New Contributor

it works
Thanks!
Highlighted

Hi all,

the latest nightly-build will read TIBCO bindings in these WSDLs as if they were SOAP/HTTP binding, which at least imports them correctly into soapUI, although some binding-specific settings related to JMS will have to be set manually in the UI.

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, I've only tried the referred night-build version today. Indeed, it recognizes the binding, but still doesn't set the destination queue or even the SoapAction. Why, if it is contained in the wsdl, I don't see a reason, at least in a first analysis and not considering technical issues, to not do it. Anyway, it's good enough as it works

Despite this, the reason that bought me here today was to ask you, if there isn't a way to use temporary queues (as reply). If I don't set the replyTo JMSHeader property with an existing queue and it's not set in the URI, I couldn't manage to make it work.

Thank you in advance for the support!

Cheers,

José Escudero
Highlighted

Hi,

we currently does not support this , but we will add it in the future.

Regards
Nebojsa
eviware.com

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors