Forum Discussion

SWTester
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

SoapUI server version

Hi everyone,

as i am new with SoapUI i have got some silly questions but i would like to take ur few precious moment to remove my stupidity. For now just 1 question to shoot out to u guys out there.

Is it possible to run SoapUI on servers? I heard from a colleague that there are no SoapUI SW suitable for installing on server and accessing it remotely from a PC

thank you

4 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thats not a silly question, but I think in the context you're talking about (multiple users/clients working on a shared server install of SoapUI) its not how it currently works - it is something I wondered about trying to code though e.g. making a web ui ... 

SoapUI, in terms of project creation, is designed to be a local desktop application.

However:

• Once a project is created, it can be excuted remotely using scripts possibly across multiple servers e.g. in the context of continuous integration.
    • Also muliple users (with seperate local installs of SoapUI) sometimes collaborate on a shared server based project (often stored under source control), composite projects can help avoid contention here.

Hope that helps,

Rupert

SWTester
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for understanding my explanation ia correct way and answering my question.

Unfortunately i could not understand the "However" situations u had explained. The reason is because of the limitation of my tecnical knowledge about SoapUI but will learn about it soon :) :)

thank u once again for quick & crisp reply

rupert_anderson
        Valued Contributor

Thanks for the polite feedback - you're very welcome, I'm happy to help where I can! :-)

If you need me to elaborate on any of the answer or provide other more foundational knowledge, then please just ask?

Assuming the information is reasonably within my grasp and I get the time to answer, I will surely try to help!

Cheers,

Rup