When I create a test to call a SOAP WS, adding a WSDL:
I am beeing asked several authentication questions:
1. NT Authentication: Authentication required for [MyServer:443]
I enter my network credentials. I assume this is a login to the server itself.
2. The same dialog box is opened again, I click Ok
3. Basic Authentication: Authentication required for [MyServer:443]
I enter the IIS pool login id and password (its a test server)
4. Error 401 when I run the test, I have to configure the authorization tab, NTLM, and I enter the IIS pool credential again.
After that everyting works fine. Questions:
1. Is this order of authentication questions normal ?
2. Some id and password appears to be stored in the project XML, but other seems to be used by SoapUI internal login to the server. Which is which ?
3. We are planning to use this test to call the same WS but this time in production, to fix some issues. Is this a usual practice ? Specialy if SoapUI use the production id and password internaly to connect to the server, I guess its ok, but stored in clear text in the XML ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
It's a customer site, in production for several years. I have no saying in how its desiged technically. All I know is they are using advanced WCF features. But I guess you've answered my question.