Forum Discussion

asanke
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

SoapUI, is there a way to copy and paste test steps?

I am working on a test suite, which involves number of test cases having common test steps (Not in the same order, so data driven or running on a loop is not an option here).

In writing these tests the only option I can see of is to clone the test steps. To clone a tests step it involves at least 5 mouse actions to be carried out, which is annoying when it comes to large number of tests.

Is the re a way that we can just copy and paste / drag and drop the steps so that they are get copied in to ?

I know other option would be editing the xml, which again have to be done carefully. But don't want to do that either.

6 Replies

• Hi,

I am not sure I understand completely, so correct me if I am wrong.

In SoapUI Open Source I suggest that you use right-click and clone Test Cases, so all the Test Steps are copied.

Then you can remove the steps you dont need.

Otherwise, we are actually adding features for copying and moving multiple items in SoapUI NG 1.4.

Kind regards,

Matti

MattiH
      Staff

Hi again,

I saw in another post that you are using SoapUI Pro, if that is the case you will be able to use the feature in SoapUI NG Pro 1.4 when it becomes available. (Later this year).

kind regards,

Matti

asanke
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Matti,
        I think you got my question. I pain with the clone function for a given test step you have to do. [1] right click, [2] select clone [3] change the name [4] select the target [5] and submit. That is a bit of a work. And if you have to copy the step foe say 25 tests cases, its really annoying.

asanke
      Occasional Contributor
      Hi Matti,
      I think you got my question. I pain with the clone function for a given test step you have to do. [1] right click, [2] select clone [3] change the name [4] select the target [5] and submit. That is a bit of a work. And if you have to copy the step foe say 25 tests cases, its really annoying.