cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoapUI editor appearing small on high resolution monitor

New Contributor

SoapUI editor appearing small on high resolution monitor

Hi all,

I have an issue at the moment where the SoapUI interface/editor is appearing really small on my laptop. The whole window appears less that 1/4 of my monitor which means it is extremely difficult to use.

If I maximise the window, it fills the screen, but all the content remains as small as it was before.

Looking at other forums and posts on Stack Overflow, I saw that a couple of people recommended enabling the following settings:

Preferences > UI Settings > Use native look & feel

I have tried this but it didn't make any change within the editor after saving preferences and restarting.

I saw someone else also recommend increasing the font size, but this just caused the text to overlap and become unreadable.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this?

Additional Info:

Laptop = Dell XPS 13

Screen resolution = 3200 x 1800

SoapUI version = 5.2.1 (tried both 32-bit and 64-bit)
OS = Windows 10 64-bit

I will attach screenshots showing windowed mode and full screen.

Cheers!
Jack

12 REPLIES 12

Re: SoapUI editor appearing small on high resolution monitor

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's clearly a bug, since high resolution screens are here to stay and the font scaling doesn't handle this increasingly common case correctly. And there's no option to change the font size.

New Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. This looks to be a bug...
I hope they are looking into fixing this as, like you said, these screen resolutions are very common now and it limits their user base a fair bit.

FYI - There is a font size setting, but it does not help with our issue:

Preferences > Editor Settings > Editor Font

Screenshot attached 🙂

Occasional Visitor

Is there any sense of a light at the end of the tunnel on this bug? I'm still seeing it (v 5.2.1) and it's cause me to pretty much completely abandon SoapUI for Postman because SoapUI is useless to me with as tiny as the user interface is with this bug.  I've tried a number of different solutions from around the web and all of them break the UI in some completely unuseable way.

Additional Info:

Laptop = Macbook Pro running Parallels

Screen resolution = 3840 x 2400 / 5120 x 2160

SoapUI version = 5.2.1 (64-bit)
OS = Windows 10 64-bit

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried what this guy did:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/SoapUI-5-2-1-adapting-the-UI-to-monitor-resolu...

He was trying to use less than 4k resolution, but seemed to get around it.

Sorry if you have already tried this,

Regards,

Rupert

Author of SoapUI Cookbook
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I just tried what was suggested in that link on my Windows 10 64bit machine running at 4K, and it makes the text much better:

disablescalingonhighdpi.PNG

Does this not work running from within parallels?

Regards,

Rupert

Author of SoapUI Cookbook

Hi,

Is there any solution do this problem that works?

Have tried it all.

I also have the exakt same problem with VIM.

/Roniner

Hi,

How is it possible that this still isn't fixed. Because of this I have avoided soapUI for half a year, but I really wanted to use it now. But no, still can't.

Like someone said above. High resolutions are here to stay. How long can smartbear ignore this?

Anyway back to postman, for now Man Sad

New Contributor

On Windows 10 Creator's Update on a Retina display 2880x1800, overriding the high DPI behavior, allowing the system to scale normalized the text size on both the Retina and when moved to a second 1920x1080 display.

SoapUI Compatibility Settings.png

Regular Visitor

I was having problems with this as well. I just adjusted my display settings. Leaving it on high resolution but changing the text scaling on that particular monitor. Now my poor eyes can read it without getting strained. 2017-09-15 13_46_15-.jpg2017-09-15 13_50_20-.jpg

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements