Forum Discussion

rsulliv1
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

SoapUI GUI repaint issues

Anyone else having similar GUI repaint issues similar to what's noted in this thread:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/screen-refresh-issue-in-GUI/td-p/10026

I've attempted to enable & disable the native ui (no effect) and add the java param to the .vmoptions file (no effect).

I'm thinking it's related to the installed jre since I have been using 5.2.0 for a while without issue. I haven't used SoapUI in a few months, so it's likely java has been updated since then.

I noticed the issue on that version today. I upgraded to 5.2.1 and see the same issue.

8 Replies

• Have the same issue with both 5.1.2 and Ready! API 1.9.0

Using Windows 7 x64, tried with Java 8u111 and 8u77

Need a solution ASAP

rsulliv1
      Occasional Contributor

No updates from my side. still dealing with it even today. on version 5.3.0, but as you can see from the screenshot, the UI is still a mess.

rsulliv1
        Occasional Contributor

tried to switch the java_home to see if using x86 vs x64 worked. jre 1.7 vs 1.8; but nothing seems to bypass this terrible UI issue. completely makes the app unusable :(

I'd even pay for a soap license if I knew there was any chance of this being fixed in a paid version.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    rsulliv1, if you follow the link mentioned,
    adding below seemed helped the poster of the question:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable="true"
      rsulliv1
      Occasional Contributor

Adding that property (added to .bat & .vmoptions files both and tried each separately as well) had no effect.

Also, it seemed stable if I used my secondary monitor, but that's no longer the case. it seems that switching monitors merely forced a repaint, but didn't actually affect the overall issue. If I use the app for longer than a min or two on either monitor, the screen goes to hell.

Not sure what's going on.