Forum Discussion

jsmith031
New Contributor
4 years ago

SoapUI 5.6.0 Community, RedHat EL 7.9 core dumps on start whe soapui-setting.xml file is present

I installed SoapUI 5.6.0 using the shell installer on rhel 7.9 (developer).

When I first start SoapUI, whether form the command line or from the menu option, it starts fine and shows the UI with the expected default windows like start page, endpoint explorer, etc..

When I exit, SoapUI save the soap-settings.xml in the home directory.

When I next start SOapUI from the menu option the UI briefly appears and then disappears.

When I next try to start SoapUI from the command line the UI briefly appears, then disappears and I get the following:

/oraapp/SoapUI-5.6.0/bin/SoapUI-5.6.0
Configuring log4j from [/oraapp/SoapUI-5.6.0/bin/soapui-log4j.xml]
19:38:30,960 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [/home/oracle/soapui-settings.xml]
19:38:31,361 INFO [PluginManager] 0 plugins loaded in 2 ms
19:38:31,361 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded
19:38:31,674 INFO [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [/home/oracle/default-soapui-workspace.xml]
19:38:32,164 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/home/oracle/xml/AUPatient-soapui-project.xml]
19:38:32,306 INFO [SoapUI] Used java version: 9.0.4

(java:32410): Gdk-ERROR **: 19:38:32.882: The program 'java' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
(Details: serial 1671 error_code 8 request_code 1 minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

When I delete the soapui-settings.xml I can again start the UI.

Any advice that leads to resolving this issue will be very much appreciated.

2 Replies

jsmith031
    New Contributor

Additional information:

When I explicitly save preferences after initial launch without changing anything, then start SoapUI 5.6.0 form the command line the UI starts and stays up but in the console windows I get to see:

/oraapp/SoapUI-5.6.0/bin/SoapUI-5.6.0
    Configuring log4j from [/oraapp/SoapUI-5.6.0/bin/soapui-log4j.xml]
    10:07:04,143 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [/home/oracle/soapui-settings.xml]
    10:07:04,530 INFO [PluginManager] 0 plugins loaded in 2 ms
    10:07:04,530 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded
    10:07:04,855 INFO [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [/home/oracle/default-soapui-workspace.xml]
    10:07:05,307 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/home/oracle/xml/AUPatient-soapui-project.xml]
    10:07:05,449 INFO [SoapUI] Used java version: 9.0.4
    10:07:14,800 INFO [SoapUIUpdateProvider] The update server is unreachable: connect timed out
    WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jgoodies.looks.common.RenderingUtils (file:/oraapp/SoapUI-5.6.0/lib/looks-2.2.0.jar) to method sun.swing.SwingUtilities2.drawStringUnderlineCharAt(javax.swing.JComponent,java.awt.Graphics,java.lang.String,int,int,int)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jgoodies.looks.common.RenderingUtils
    WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

jsmith031
      New Contributor

When I change preferences so that the startup page does not show up, and explicitly save preferences, and stop and start SoapUI I no longer get the exceptions in the previous replay "10:07:14,800 INFO [SoapUIUpdateProvider] The update server is unreachable: connect timed out ..."

And SoapUI still works after that.