Forum Discussion

skipclavell
New Contributor
6 years ago

SoapUI 5.5.0 will not run project or suites - Toolkit not initialized error

I just updated to 5.5.0 and now when I try to run a project or a suite it just runs the first test and stops.  I'm having to run all of my tests individually.  Even when the tests pass the status at the top says "FAILED" and execution stops.  

The SoapUI log shows an error: 

• java.lang.IllegalStateException: Toolkit not initialized

Anyone know what this error means or how to resolve it?

15 Replies

Jaymz
    Occasional Contributor

I had this issue and I seem to have worked my way out of it.

Correction:

Seem that if you leave it so the start page opens when you first start SoapUI up, it won't cause this issue. I was able to toggle this error off and on just by unchecking that in the settings and restarting SoapUI.

freerink
      New Contributor

I can also confirm the startup page workaround. Thanks for the tip!

jjsoap
      New Contributor

I have the same issue here,
      but my colleague sitting next to me doesnt have this issue with the same project used & same data. Very weird this bug AYeremeyev  DmitryAleshin .. 

freerink Jaymz,
      Can you be more precise or confirm, on these steps to reproduce for the WORKAROUND SOLUTION please? 

1.  Did you go to "Prefereces" -> "UI Settings", then uncheck  "Opens startup web page when starting SoapUI"?
      2.  Then remove all projects , close SoapUI and then re-open it? 

Thank you
      JJ

jjsoap
        New Contributor

Issue fixed by clearing all the settings in SOAPUI (default) and restart the application. 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I just heard from you only that 5.5.0 got released. And may be you are the first one to try.

If is blocking, then probably best thing is continue to use 5.4.0.

Hope this is being monitored by SmartBear team and get that addressed at the earliest.
      skipclavell
      New Contributor

Hard to imagine I'm the first to install 5.5.0.  Probably a bug with the installation when replacing 5.4.0.  Regardless, uninstalling and reinstalling 5.4.0 fixed the problem.

johnc66
        Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue running 5.5.0, this is after an upgrade from 5.4.  I can run the same test suite in Ready API 2.6.0 and it will execute all test cases

• I cannot see any problems with test cases or suite as on my picture. Do you have any details or a project that can reproduce the problem? Environment may be a key as well. I'm using win 10 to check.

jpr
      Occasional Contributor

It fails for me if I disable showing the Endpoint explorer and the startup page. It fails both on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Tue Mar 05 19:36:57 CET 2019:ERROR:Exception during Test Execution
         java.lang.IllegalStateException: Toolkit not initialized
         	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.runLater(PlatformImpl.java:273)
         	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.runLater(PlatformImpl.java:268)
         	at javafx.application.Platform.runLater(Platform.java:83)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel$InternalTestSuiteRunListener.afterTestCase(WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:430)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.notifyAfterRunTestCase(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:200)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.runSequential(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:130)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:94)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:46)
         	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:128)
         	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
         	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
         	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
         	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
         	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

AYeremeyev
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for feedback and detailed problem description. Your opinion is important for us.
        Next release of SoapUI OS will contain solution for this issue.

Current "next" branch already contains needed fix.

Alexander Yeremeyev.