Forum Discussion

jetdoc
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

SoapUI 5.4.0 Project file data not being seen.

I have SoapUI 5.4.0 and I can create a project, execute commands, and save the project.  However, if I close the program and then re-open, while the project is still there, all of the data in my Methods are missing.  If I open the Method Editor there is nothing there, same with the Request Editor.  There isn't even a right arrow "play" button on the methods or requests any more.  I don't know if I am doing something incorrect or if there is an issue with the program.

I have been using 5.3.0 for some time and never had this issue.

When I view the project file, the data is all still there.

• Here is the solution.  Pray that you have a copy of 5.3.0 handy.  Delete 5.4.0 and then install 5.3.0.  Problem solved.

3 Replies

jetdoc
    New Contributor

Documentation says to double click the request to open in the request editor.  Double clicking does nothing and right clicking -> show request editor does nothing.

jetdoc
    New Contributor

Here is the error in the log:

Fri Aug 24 10:21:34 CDT 2018:ERROR:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.getPropertyAt(RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.java:208)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeMatrixParameterString(RestUtils.java:242)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeSuffixParameterString(RestUtils.java:236)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.ParametersField.<init>(ParametersField.java:65)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.initializeFields(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:54)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.init(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:165)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:62)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:36)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:128)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.java:46)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:61)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:45)

jetdoc
    New Contributor

Here is the solution.  Pray that you have a copy of 5.3.0 handy.  Delete 5.4.0 and then install 5.3.0.  Problem solved.