Forum Discussion

Spencer
New Contributor
16 years ago

Soap UI Reporting Capabilities?

Hi,

I'd like to know how flexible/robust is SOAP UI Pro reporting. Specifically, what I'd like to capture in a report is specific Request response xml tag data from all requests ran during a test case/test suite.
So for example, I have Test Case A which contains Request 1 and Request 2. After running the test case Responses are returned for each Request. Say each response contains an xml tag with data (e.g. 500 for Request 1 and 612 for Request 2).
Can I and how would I capture that information in a report for all Requests in a Test Case/Test Suite?
e.g.

Request    Status Code
1                500
2                612

Thanks.

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

soapUI has no specific reporting functionality built in, you would have to create your custom solution using groovy scripts to collect and export the data.

soapUI Pro has limited reporting in this regard, probably it would be easier to use a DataSink (for example with Excel or JDBC) to which you could write these values for each run and then use an external tool to create a report from the excel or jdbc data. Check out http://www.soapui.org/userguide/functio ... kstep.html for more info on DataSinks in general.

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com