Forum Discussion

Dobly
New Contributor
10 years ago

Set authentication at REST service level

I have a project with a REST service added. Any and every call to this service needs authentication.

So far I have added around 8 resources to this service. A few GETS, a POST and a DELETE. In each case I had to click the Auth tab and add in the authentication info. Copy paste / copy paste. Tedious. There are around 60 calls in this web service.

How do I set the authentication info at the REST service level so that every resource within has the authentication info automatically.

This seems like a basic thing. I mean, does anyone have a web service where only some of the calls have authentication requirements? So I just must be missing something. Where do I set this in SoapUI?

3 Replies

PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    def password = "password1"
    def username = "username1"

for (testSuite in testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteList()) {
    for (testCase in testSuite.getTestCaseList()) {
    for (testStep in testCase.getTestStepList()) {
    testStep.setPropertyValue("Password",password)
    testStep.setPropertyValue("Username",username)
    log.info testStep.name +" password has been set to "+testStep.getPropertyValue("Password")
    log.info testStep.name +" username has been set to "+ testStep.getPropertyValue("Username")
    }
    }
    }

This will set the username and password for all requests within a project. Is there a better way? Probably. But this will at least get you going plus give you some simple for loops in groovy to use in the future.
    Dobly
    New Contributor
    Thanks Paul.

I'm quite new at SoapUI. Where do I put that script?
    PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    That is a groovy script so you would just build a groovy script step and it will process through all of the requests for it.