Forum Discussion

t_18
New Contributor
3 years ago

Sending Multiple records in single soap request

Hello!
Just started using soapui.
I have created a soap webservice which contains only single insert statement. Earlier this service was working fine for inserting multiple records in a single soap request. But now out of nowhere its just inserting a single record.
For eg. out of 7 records , only 1 record is getting inserted that too last record.

Kindly help on how to send multiple records in a single soap request.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

This sounds like an API issue, rather than an issue with SoapUI/ReadyAPI.

If records are not being inserted as you expect, my first place to check would be the db.  It might be that table constraints are (correctly) stopping the inserts.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Like @ChrisAdam pointed, please check with service provider or your team if internally develop.

What type of API is that? REST / SOAP?
      t_18
      New Contributor
      Hi ,
      Its a soap API. I am the service provider. We are testing the API in our environment to check whether multiple records can be inserted in single soap request.
      Also, there are no table constraints.

Can you please suggest ways in which multiple rows can be inserted in staging table via a single soap request?
        ChrisAdams
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

If your API request in SoapUI has several entries in it; you submit the request and one is inserted, then it's a back-end issue and not SoapUI.

However, if your API is not receiving several entries, then something may be wrong.

After you 'submit' from SoapUI, there will be a 'raw' tab, have a look in there.  It shows exactly what SoapUI sent to the API.

We're lucky that you are the developer, because you should be able to log exactly what comes in.  If you see several entries, but only one persisted, then the API is at fault, and not SoapUI.

Can you share what your payload looks like?