Forum Discussion

QuickBooksDev
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Screen rendering on Windows 10 is very bad?

Recently got a new workstation Windows 10 with 5 monitors from my Windows 7 with 4 Monitors.

The screen rendering is very bad.  I tried to do a save project to a different folder and I cannot see the controls or much of anything. See attached.

I am having other W10 issues. See my other post.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Need-help-moving-SoapUI-to-another-Windows-PC-Now-it-will-not/td-p/155897

I can't really use SoapUI on W10 as it is now.

3 Replies

JHunt
    Community Hero

Here's what I'd try:

- restart your PC

- turn on or off the option "Use native Look & Feel" (under Preferences > UI Settings) and restart SoapUI

- run SoapUI in compatibility mode

- disable scaling (in Windows' Display Settings, set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%)

- try with one monitor only

- use another Java environment besides the bundled one (you might have to google how to do that).

These changes could help identify the problem - once the problem is known there may be a less drastic / more targeted way to fix your problem.

(I use Windows 10, but I don't happen to run SoapUI on my Windows 10 device.)

• Set the application to run in Compatabiltiy Mode for Windows 7. You can do this on the shortcut from the desktop. Make the change on whatever icon/link/shortcut you launch the application from.