Forum Discussion

KTrentLR
New Contributor
8 years ago

Screen Glitches and Clutters when mousing over anything with UI effect

This started happening suddenly with SoapUI 5.1.3 about two weeks ago which prompted me to upgrade to SoapUI 5.2.1 but that did not fix the issue.  I'm guess it has something to do with graphics drivers. Again, I used SoapUI 5.1.3 for about a year with no issues.

When I mouse over any element on the screen that has a UI effect (tool tip popup, highlight, color change) the screen seems to copy random elements of the screen where my mouse is. You can see this in the two attached screenshots.

It's impossible to use the application as simply trying to click "Run" which when you mouse over it, the icon "glows,"which is a UI change and this the screen starts to glitch.  I can click the element that would be there (even if it's covered by some other graphics) but trying to remember where things are is impossible.  Also, if I minimize the app and then restore it, it's clean, until I start moving my mouse around.

I have tried rebooting many times and that does not help. As stated above I've also upgraded to SoapUI 5.2.1.  I can provide my system_info.NFO file if needed.

5 Replies

TechCorin
    Occasional Visitor

I am experiencing this exact same issue. I've just tried to use SOAP UI again after an extended absence and suffering from this problem. Any ideas what the problem is? Could it be some Windows update that occurred in the last three or four weeks that is responsible?

I've checked my Java version, it is 1.7, which I believe is ok for SOAP UI 5.2.1

txcodemonkey
    Occasional Visitor

In file > preferences, select UI Settings and disable tooltips.

I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

KTrentLR
      New Contributor

Thanks for the info - I tried that and it didn't help. :smileysad:

matthysdb
    New Contributor

I'm also experiencing the same issues.

I have tried 2 different versions:

5.2.1 and 5.1.3

O/S: Win10 64 bit Enterprise

CPU: i7 -6820HQ

GFX: Radeon R9 M375X

Device: Dell Precision 7510

Java: Version 8 Update 111

It is really frustrating, cause I constantly have to move the windows across screens to get it back to normal, for about 2-3 seconds before the glitching starts again.

matthysdb
    New Contributor

I'm also experiencing the same issues. Disabling tooltips don't work. Also restarted both laptop and application(s).

I have tried 2 different versions: 5.2.1 and 5.1.3

Tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions

O/S: Win10 64 bit Enterprise

CPU: i7 -6820HQ

GFX: Radeon R9 M375X

Device: Dell Precision 7510

Java: Version 8 Update 111

It is really frustrating, cause I constantly have to move the windows across screens to get it back to normal, for about 2-3 seconds before the glitching starts again.