I'm inviting you to a new Community challenge which we are starting next Monday (April 2)! Earn badges to get more points. Read more information
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Schema Compliance Assertion setting Definition URL with Groovy

We have code which sets up our assertions for some of our regression tests like

assertion = tStep.addAssertion("XPath Match")
assertion.setName("matchAllExceptTimestamp")
assertion.path = assertionStatement
assertion.setAllowWildcards(true)
assertion.expectedContent = contentsFromFile

Now we want to create a new Schema Compliance assertion, 

where we will dynamically change the Definition URL to keep in line with the endpoint (which is  

assertion = tStep.addAssertion("Schema Compliance")
assertion.setName("Schema Compliance for " + endPointOrg)  // where endPointOrg is specific to the endpoint

assertion.??????? = myDynamicDefinitionURL

I know that the assertion can be changed using something like ${#project#myDynamicUrl}, but that means I have to change each test step, as opposed to just changing the groovy code to create the assertion as required.

So is there an assertion.?????? method I can use to set the value for the Definition URL to be used for that, how can it be done programatically in groovy.

So far I have trawled the community to find the magic incantation, but to no avail, (including trying to find it in the apidocs) so at last I will turn to you all and hope someone can help. 

Your help in this always appreciated  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Schema Compliance Assertion setting Definition URL with Groovy

@zen_paul, in case you need to add your own URL of the WSDL, you can do it with the following code:

SchemaComplianceAssertion sca = step.addAssertion('Schema Compliance')
sca.setConfiguration(org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject.Factory.parse('<definition>http://myServiceURL?WSDL</definition>'))

Karel

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, worked a treat.

I would never have got that without working for another few days ... (or maybe never)

Cheers

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just thought I'd put the code I got to work in my Groovy, just for completeness.

import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.assertions.basic.SchemaComplianceAssertion.*
def scAssertName = 'isSchemaCompliantWith' + proj.getPropertyValue("useWsdl")
def defUrl = 'http://anAddress:1111/'+ proj.getPropertyValue("useWsdl")+'/services/mystuff?wsdl'
if (!tStep.getAssertionByName(scAssertName))
	{
	assertion = tStep.addAssertion("Schema Compliance")
	assertion.setName(scAssertName)
	assertion.setConfiguration(org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject.Factory.parse('<definition>'+defUrl+'</definition>'))
	// assertion.setDisabled(true)			
	}