Forum Discussion

Rakesh15
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Saving the response results which is more than 1KB only

Hi All, 

I have Test Suite which has couple of Delay statements, when I saving the response of the Test Suite to a external / local folder I do have bunch of xml response which are of 0KB. 

Appreciate if you can provide solution to drop or ignore any response which is less then 0 KB

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Rakesh15,

Are you using groovy to save off your responses? What mechanism are you using to save responses? This could guide how to resolve this.

Im curious about the zerobyte files. When youre getting zerobyte files that means youre not even getting an http response at all....not even a response with just headers, so if you could clarify whats going on here, that could help answer your question too.

Ta

Rich
      Rakesh15
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Richie, 

I am using Soap 5.5. As I mentioned, I have couple of Delay Statements which will not generate response, when I save the Test Suite I don't want to save these

Thank's for look into this issue

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey Rakesh15,

Delay steps are none executable like Property steps, so youre losing me a bit as to whats the problem.
        Also you say youre "saving the testsuite", but im failing to understand how youre saving the testsuite which then creates zero byte files. If i make a change to a testsuite and then click "save" to persist those changes, this doesnt create a file which contains the response.

Hence thr reason i asked what is actually occurring?

Can you please clarify what objects you have in a testcase and testsuite?

What you actually mean by "saving the testsuite"?

What youre doing to try and save the response in a file?

What responses are being saved? Executable steps are worth saving the reaponses? But there is no response from a nonexecutable step, so the response isnt worth saving. Im guessing youre doing something to save the responses from your test steps and as a Delay doesnt hve a response thats why youre gettimg zero byte files, BUT! there are many different ways to save responses and how youre doing it is, im guessing the cause of the zerobyte files.

Ta

Rich