Forum Discussion

kiranRam
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Resource in Test Steps is auto updated when a Resource has 2 instances with different HTTP Methods

I have 2 resources as mentioned below with different http methods and I'm facing issue when I use them as test steps in a Test case in SOAP UI Open source.

Resource 1: user/UserID as GET method to fetch all users

Resource 2: user/UserID as PUT method to insert a new user

Now if I use these 2 resources in a Test case, Resource/Method in Test steps is auto changed to the first Resource with GET method though the aim of my Test step is to PUT the user. Every time I reopen SOAP UI, all my test steps with this resource act as GET method. 

I Can use a single resource if my test case needs it to be used with different query parameters, but how to use the same resource in a test case twice with different HTTP method(POST and GET in this case)

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey kiranRam,

This is very similar to a known issue in readyapi! I stumbled across a couple of years ago.

Use separate services/resources for your requests. Then the erroneous update wont occur.

Ta

Rich
      kiranRam
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the Response, Richie. But as I mentioned in description, If I use 2 resources in two different steps, both the steps are being updated to have the first resource when I reopen SOAP UI. 

When I reopen SOAP UI, both getUser and PutUser steps are updated with Get Request Since first resource in my SOAP UI is a GET Request. 

richie
        Community Hero
        ,@kiranRam

This is a known defect.

Sorry, obviously i wasnt clear enough in my last message.

I meant ceate the resource from within a NEW service. Then it wont occur. This occurs if in same service.

Ta

Rich