Forum Discussion

vampirefish
Contributor
15 years ago

Reports - timestamp???

In the evaluation period here.... currently I can't view any of the new (pro beta) eye candy reports (due to a bug), so am Exporting all reports (via Reports/Data Export).  The only date timestamp I can find in the reports (and I am selecting all) is the LoadTest Log.  It tells me when the test started and finished. 

Where else can I find timestamps? For instance, I have ran a load test for 20 min and then want to correlate these results with my web server logs... sure, I can find the chunk of time in my server logs, but I can't find a specific time (in soapUI reports) that my CPU spiked (in my server logs).  What am I missing here?  Seems to me, that without this, the reports are useless for really troubleshooting (drilling down).  Thx!

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

extremely good point :-) So where should we add them? For each testsuite/testcase/teststep result ?

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hello.. I think they should be at all levels... especially for the teststep.  If I need to drill down to compare my server log with my soapUI log (to find an issue within a method, for instance) this would be very beneficial.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

ok.. so basically a "TimeStamp" column all over the place? Is it enough for teststeps? Or also on testcase/testsuite levels?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi... so yes - column 'date timestamp' for all test results within test steps.  I also think that it should be on testcase/testsuite levels as well.  Sometimes I may not need/want to drill down... but it would be useful to see the timestamp at a higher level.