Forum Discussion

AnandKiran
Frequent Contributor
16 years ago

Re: Problem in storing the data in excel sheet

Hi Friends,
I am facing a problem in saving the multiple test cases result in a single Excel sheet. What i have done is I have create three test suites for 3 operations they are add , subtract and multiple.In every test case I have used excel sheet as a data sink for storing the data . And in the divide test case i have used groovy script to run the other two test cases.

My test cases are working perfectly but the only problem i am facing is i am not able to save all the results in the excel sheet. It is saving only divided results in the excel. Other results are not collected in the excel …..

Can anyone help me on this issue
[/color]

9 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Anand,

it's hard to say why this is not working as you want... Can you please attach your soapUI project file to this issue so I can have a look at your setup?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    AnandKiran
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ole,
                Waiting for your response on this issue
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

sorry.. can you attach the data.xls file you are referencing as well?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

thanks, I need the source xls as well..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    AnandKiran
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ole,
                Have you checked this issue. Are you able to understand my problem which i faced with this method
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

Could you please try creating a seperate "Controller" TestCase that contains "Run TestCase" TestSteps for each of the other TestCases you want to execute? In the current solution, the divide testcase runs "inside" the add testcase, which will mess up the DataSink handling for both of them (since they are all writing to the same file..)

Let me know if this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com