Forum Discussion

alpanhell
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

REST, WADL and null

Hello,

I am trying to use soapui REST projects derived from WADL for the first time. It seemed pretty easy and straightforward but my problem is that when running a request soapui keeps putting the word "null" in my uri for some reason. I have no idea why it's doing it or how to stop it from doing it.

For instance, in my request dialog I have the method specified as GET, endpoint specified to be "http://localhost:7001" and my resource: "/testRest/RestService/leave" along with the parameters that are auto filled in. Whenever I execute a request using the above, soapui puts in the resource textbox: "null/testRest/RestService/leave" inserting a "null" at the beginning.

Sure enough if I look in the raw request I see a uri of: "http://localhost:7001/null/testRest/RestService/leave".

How do I get rid of this "null"? Where is it coming from?

thanks!

11 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Is it possible to attach wadl file to look into further? Or if you want you may take a look at the examples given in soapui.org
    Version details of soapui?
    alpanhell
    Occasional Contributor
    unfortunately I can't post the wadl file, if it's necessary I may be able to create a stripped down version. I can't imagine though that a wadl file would cause "null" to put in to uri's??

I'm using soapui version 5.0.0 (not pro the free version)
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Agree that null looks wierd. Could not comment any unless reproduce the problem.
    alpanhell
    Occasional Contributor
    I've attached a wadl file and an associated schema. This is a slightly modified version that produces even more "null"'s.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Thanks for the attachment, I will see to reproduce the same.
        nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Can you add more details or tell how to reproduce theissue?