Forum Discussion

michaelmerrill
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Property Transfer Steps in my jenkins job that runs the maven plugin always fails.

Hello, no matter what, the property transfer step for our tests always have a FAILED status.  We do not see any stack traces.  We are using 4.6.1 version of the maven plugin for SOAP UI.  We are running the maven command through jenkins.  We tried adding the net.sf.saxon dependencies, and that did not work.  We didn't see any stack traces in the first place though.  Our property transfers are taking the output of a json response from a previous step, and transferring that to a project level parameter.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies

michaelmerrill
    Occasional Contributor

This is the groovy step that runs our test steps:

def apiTestSuite = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteByName("apiGatewayTest")
    for(tcase in apiTestSuite.getTestCaseList()) {
    if(!tcase.isDisabled()) {
    log.info("running test case ${tcase.name}")
    for(tstep in tcase.getTestStepList()) {
    if(!tstep.isDisabled()) {
    log.info("running test step ${tstep.name}")
    status = tstep.run(testRunner, context).status
    log.info("test step status is ${status}")
    if(status.toString() == 'FAILED') {
    testRunner.fail("${tstep.name} Test failure")
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

michaelmerrill
    Occasional Contributor

I forgot to mention that when the tests are ran within Ready API, or SOAP UI version 5.2.2, the test steps that do the property transfer are OK.

michaelmerrill
      Occasional Contributor

I printed out the error message the the PropertyTransferTestStep result, and it appears to be an issue with the XML libraries.

14:45:50,013 ERROR [log] Error from test step: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.PropertyTransferException: error: Unexpected element: CDATA

michaelmerrill
        Occasional Contributor

Note that the source for the property transfer is the JSON output of a REST test step.  I am converting it to responseAsXML to see if that fixes the issue.