Forum Discussion

Ronald_van_Aken
New Contributor
16 years ago

Problem with importing WSDL

Hi,

I have a problem importing a WSDL to a new project. The webservice endpoint uses the following url http://11.11.11.11:8080/service/theService?wsdl

When I access this url with a browser or OxyGen it returns to me the WSDL. But SoapUI needs a really long time (minutes) and then gives the error "Error importing WSDL". As far as I can see Oxygen or browsers do not have proxysettings. Is there anything that i am overlooking here.

Thanks in advance.

Ronald

7 Replies

tim
    Contributor
    If you can access the WSDL with your browser, have you tried downloading it as a file on to your file system? Try using soapUI to open the file you downloaded instead of accessing the WSDL from the URL.
  • Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply, indeed I also tried to use a locally stored WSDL file. But then the communication when I try to do a request gives the same result. Only then the message is ConnectException Connection timed out.
    Btw when i temporarily change the JBoss instance to port 80 everything works fine including the retrieval of the WSDL. I first thought i had something to do with proxy settings. But that does not clarify why IE, Mozilla and Oxygen do not have problems working on the 8080 port.

Hope someone has some clues where to fix this.

regards,
    Ronald
    tim
    Contributor
    Hi Ronald,

I was able to import your wsdl without a problem.
    I'm using soapUI 2.5 beta2 - Build dist-96-2008-11-07, Build Date 2008/11/07 11:05

Tim
  • Manually importing the WSDL is no problem. Just communicating over 8080 is whats causing my glitch. When I use other tools they can succesfully communicate over 8080 with the services. When I change the port on the server to 80 SOAPUI works fine too...

regards,
    Ronald
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Ronald,

sorry for the delay here.. did you figure this out? If I import the WSDL I seem to get an 8080 endpoint for the default request. Do you also get this? Do you maybe have a proxy configured?

If this still persists, can you attach a project with the imported WSDL and a request that seems to be going to the wrong port?

sorry for the inconvenience,

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com