Forum Discussion

JanDoggen2
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Please gives us back decent borders

I let SOAPUI upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2 to be greeted by the new ugly flat interface:

Tastes differ, OK, but you threw away functionality (only because you wanted to conform to what 'everybody' else is doing?):

White overlapping windows on a white background with a one-pixel lightgray border - how dare you!

- A lot of contrast and distinguishing color is gone - the new interface requires much more attention to find things

- And try to resize a window now - I waste seconds each time trying to get the mouse cursor to change into the drawing angle. On a side you eventually succcees, but then try a corner!

This is horrible. At least gives us borders back that can be 'grabbed'.

10 Replies

donnydepp
    Occasional Contributor

yes please, its really hard to drag on that 1 pixel border.

EdwardP3
    New Contributor

I agree. The new borders are too thin and difficult to grab and resize. The flat interface is ugly, too.

• The only one thing that I do not like in SoapUI :) It is impossible to grab border even corner is 1 pixel width

jamiek
      Occasional Visitor

This is a huge problem for me. I'm constantly switching between tests, and the inability to easily resize windows is a huge drag in productivity -- not just in time wasted trying to grab a corner of a window, but in that the frustration it causes is enough to distract me and cause me to lose my train of thought. 

PLEASE fix the borders.

• May I add my voice to this request also? I find SoapUI such a useful test tool, but I now tense up when I have to re-size a request panel; it is so difficult to grab an edge or a corner. I wonder, how can the developers of the product bear to use it like this?

I am using version 5.2.1. As I write, the current downloadable is at version 5.3.0. Has this UX problem has been addressed in the latest version? If so, then I shall say thank you, download it and shut up.

donnydepp
      Occasional Contributor

The thing is... the SoapUI Developer do not work with the Open Source Edition.

You know SoapUI Pro? This is where they get their salary from.

I trial tested SoapUI Pro and as i excpected... there are no 1 pixel borders... because there are no borders at all.

You can not open multiple Windows in SoapUI Pro as far as my Communication with the Sales Support was.

donnydepp
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi james. This is fixed in the new version.

I have to correct the multiple window assumption in the pro version.
    A colleague showed me that it is possible to get multiple windows.
    Its a checkbox in gui settings