Forum Discussion

ramprakash4
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Pass JSON in PUT Request - SOAPUI Pro for REST service

I am creating mock stubs using SoapUI to test our application code. One scenario is for the mock stubs to accept PUT request and read the JSON request coming through. I don't know how to pass JSON through a PUT request in SOAP UI.

Ram
    JHunt
    6 years ago

Oh, okay, I see what this is about... I didn't get that at all from the other question!

This is a known bug actually. SoapUI doesn't seem to be able to get the body on PUT/DELETE messages. The same bug also makes it so that you can't see the body in the "raw" view of the sent request.

You can fix for your MockServices by adding some code to the OnRequest script. I took inspiration from here.

mockRequest.with { if (method.toString() == 'PUT' || method.toString() == 'DELETE') {
        BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(request.getInputStream(), "UTF-8"));
        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder()
        while((s=br.readLine())!=null) { sb.append(s) }
        requestContent = sb.toString()
    }}

Example project is attached.

4 Replies

JHunt
    Community Hero

Hi ramprakash4,

You were asking about this thread originally, but I don't understand the original question, so could you edit your post above to ask it again in your own words?

Are you just trying to make a simple REST request using PUT method that has JSON in the body?

Or is there some either meaning when he says "Content/schema"?

JHunt
        Community Hero

Oh, okay, I see what this is about... I didn't get that at all from the other question!

This is a known bug actually. SoapUI doesn't seem to be able to get the body on PUT/DELETE messages. The same bug also makes it so that you can't see the body in the "raw" view of the sent request.

You can fix for your MockServices by adding some code to the OnRequest script. I took inspiration from here.

mockRequest.with { if (method.toString() == 'PUT' || method.toString() == 'DELETE') {
            BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(request.getInputStream(), "UTF-8"));
            StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder()
            while((s=br.readLine())!=null) { sb.append(s) }
            requestContent = sb.toString()
        }}

Example project is attached.