Forum Discussion

jigarpatel
New Contributor
10 years ago

NullPointerException NPE

Hi, we have purchased SoapUI Pro licenses at work and also use free version of the SoapUI in some cases.
I worked on a REST test project and it was working all fine. At the end of the day I closed SoapUI and saved all work.
Now next morning SoapUI won't start. So I tried running SoapUI from command line (Mac Maverick).
Here is what I got in the console,

================================
=
= SOAPUI_HOME = /Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app
=
================================
Configuring log4j from [/Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/soapui-log4j.xml]
08:32:34,345 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [/Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/ext/javax.json-1.0-b06.jar] to extensions classpath
08:32:34,346 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [/Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/ext/swagger4j-1.0-beta4.jar] to extensions classpath
08:32:34,603 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [/Users/jpatel/soapui-settings.xml]
08:32:34,845 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Adding plugin from [/Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/plugins/soapui-groovy-console-plugin-1.0-plugin.jar]
08:32:35,017 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Adding plugin from [/Applications/SoapUI-5.0.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/plugins/soapui-swagger-plugin-0.3.1-plugin.jar]
08:32:35,409 INFO [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [/Users/jpatel/default-soapui-workspace.xml]
08:32:35,554 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/Users/jpatel/git/core-test/src/test/resources/CORE-API-RegressionTests.xml]
08:32:36,896 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Defaulting to native L&F for Mac OS X
08:32:36,921 INFO [SoapUI] Used java version: 1.7.0_25
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.PropertyTreeNode.<init>(PropertyTreeNode.java:43)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.PropertiesTreeNode.<init>(PropertiesTreeNode.java:56)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.TestStepTreeNode.<init>(TestStepTreeNode.java:33)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.TestCaseTreeNode$TestStepsTreeNode.createTestStepTreeNode(TestCaseTreeNode.java:144)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.TestCaseTreeNode$TestStepsTreeNode.<init>(TestCaseTreeNode.java:136)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.TestCaseTreeNode.<init>(TestCaseTreeNode.java:54)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.TestSuiteTreeNode.<init>(TestSuiteTreeNode.java:55)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.ProjectTreeNode.<init>(ProjectTreeNode.java:63)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.WorkspaceTreeNode.<init>(WorkspaceTreeNode.java:54)
at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.SoapUITreeModel.<init>(SoapUITreeModel.java:56)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator.buildUI(Navigator.java:89)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator.<init>(Navigator.java:84)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.buildUI(SoapUI.java:316)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.show(SoapUI.java:1025)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.startSoapUI(SoapUI.java:894)
at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI$SoapUIRunner.run(SoapUI.java:697)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

I ran XML validator on the project file and it passes. I have attached the SoapUI project file.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 Reply

jigarpatel
    New Contributor
    I figured it out. It was a git merge issue. I was working on the project in a separate branch. After the work, I merged it with the master branch, which caused to have the multiple properties with the same name.
    After manually editing project XML in an editor the problem went away. However, the message from SoapUI was not very helpful.