Forum Discussion

SiKing
Community Expert
13 years ago
Solved

No suitable driver found for jdbc:sqlserver

Hi all.
I have struggled through this for two days previously. Now I am at another client, and it seems I am destined to repeat the same mistakes.

I am running SoapUI 3.6.1. I tried both the x32 and x64 versions with the exact same results. When it starts up, it reports:

Thu Jun 30 14:17:45 PDT 2011:INFO:Adding [C:\Program Files (x86)\eviware\soapUI-3.6.1\bin\ext\sqljdbc4.jar] to extensions classpath
Thu Jun 30 14:17:47 PDT 2011:INFO:Used java version: 1.6.0_21

Tried both versions from Microsoft for sqljdbc4.jar.

FYI:

echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files (x86)\eviware\soapUI-3.6.1\jre

When I execute the following:

import groovy.sql.Sql

def sqlInstance = Sql.newInstance(
"jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://vsqlgmsdb01:1433;databaseName=PatronExtension;",
"user",
"password",
"com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
)

I get: "Thu Jun 30 14:18:00 PDT 2011:ERROR:An error occured [No suitable driver found for jdbc:sqlserver://vsqlgmsdb01:1433;databaseName=PatronExtension], see error log for details".
I don't know if the stack trace is helpful to anybody:

Thu Jun 30 15:04:34 PDT 2011:ERROR:java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://vsqlgmsdb01;databaseName=PatronExtension;
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://vsqlgmsdb01;databaseName=PatronExtension;
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at groovy.sql.Sql.newInstance(Sql.java:273)
at groovy.sql.Sql$newInstance.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:40)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:132)
at Script4.run(Script4.groovy:3)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:96)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.run(WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.java:148)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel.java:274)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

After spending a day Googling, I tried all the following with the exact same results:

1. jdbc:sqlserver: instead of jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:

2. not including the driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

3. removing the default port 1433

4. server IP instead of hostname

5. sqljdbc.jar instead of sqljdbc4.jar, and both of them

6. What did I do wrong?

TIA for any advice.

10 Replies

ShasiSingh
        Occasional Contributor

Driver registration can be added either your first groovy teststep ( before you used your database connection ) or Setup script section over testSuite.

eyes123
    New Contributor
    Wonderful! Just in case this helps this answer get found by anyone else searching, this also works for the oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.

cheers.
      nrajeshkumar
      Occasional Contributor

Great it worked for me Thanks!

com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.registerJdbcDriver("oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver")

NithyaMurugesan
        Frequent Visitor

I'm facing the same issue. Where do I need to update the below?

com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.registerJdbcDriver("oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver")

Finan
    Frequent Contributor
    def jdbc_connection = context.expand( '${#Project#jdbc}' ) //( jdbc:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;databaseName=testdb;user=test;password=test)
    def jdbc_driver = context.expand( '${#Project#jdbc_driver}' ) //(com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)
    sql = Sql.newInstance(jdbc_connection, jdbc_driver)

Does the trick for me....
    SiKing
    Community Expert
    Not working for me. I tried every variation from groovy.codehaus.org, but nothing seems to be working.
    I suspect that there is something wrong with loading the jar, but I am not sure how to prove that, and what to do abotu fixing it.
    SiKing
    Community Expert
    Maybe I just proved it. I tried changing my connect string to:

def sqlInstance = Sql.newInstance(
    "blah.blah.blah",
    "user",
    "password",
    "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
    )

And I still get the exact same error. So something is wrong with loading the driver, but what and how do I fix it?
    Finan
    Frequent Contributor
    Have you added the .jar to the intalldir/bin/ext?