Forum Discussion

premanand
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Naming conventions of the text reports generated by testrunner command line.

Hi,

I have a functional test suite which is scheduled to run at different times of a day with the help of windows scheduler and testrunner command line execution. The problem is the old reports are overwritten by the new reports. I need to have all the generated reports. Is there any way to control the testrunner not to overwrite the existing reports? Below is my execution 

testrunner.bat -a -r "D:\Webservices\ApiRegressionTesting-soapui-project.xml" -f"D:\APIreports\Reports"

• If you are using windows scheduler, then it might be using script.

You can do one of the two things.

1. If the reports directory is already present, create a new directory with timestamp and move it that new directory.

2. Create & Use new directory every time and pass that as argument( for reports) to testrunner command.

Sounds ok?

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    If you are using windows scheduler, then it might be using script.

You can do one of the two things.

1. If the reports directory is already present, create a new directory with timestamp and move it that new directory.

2. Create & Use new directory every time and pass that as argument( for reports) to testrunner command.

Sounds ok?
      premanand
      New Contributor

Thank you nmrao. Modified the code as testrunner.bat -a -r "D:\Webservices\ApiRegressionTesting-soapui-project.xml" -f"D:\APIReports\%date:/=-%\%time::=-%" Now the overwriting problem solved.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Glad to know that you could proceed.