Forum Discussion

cdeneux
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

NPE trying to add an assertion on a HTTP request

Hi all,

I'm using SoapUI 5.2.1 to create a test case about HTTP requests.

When trying to add assertion on a HTTP request of my test case, I get the following NullPointerException in the xterm where I had started SoapUI. The NPE occurs when clicking on a assertion category (left part of the dialog box "Add assertion").

This problem occurs also with SoapUI 5.2.0.

Env: Ubuntu 15.10 64bits, Java 7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.15.10.1

Thanks for your help.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.assertions.AddAssertionPanel$CategoryListRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(AddAssertionPanel.java:473)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleChild(JTable.java:7044)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.getAccessibleAt(JTable.java:7431)
    at javax.swing.JTable$AccessibleJTable.valueChanged(JTable.java:6946)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
    at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)

• If I switch my JVM from OpenJDK 7 to Oracle Java 8, the NPE does not occur and all works fine. I'm not able to verify with Oracle Java 7 because it is no more downloadable without an Oracle support account.

I don't known if the problem is due to something missing in OpenJDK because of license compliance or if the problem is due to Java 7 vs Java 8.

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Hmm..you mean to say not able to add assertion or just showing exception and allowing you to add assertion?
      cdeneux
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Rao,

I'm not able to add the assertion to the request. I think that the NPE is the reason why I'm not able to add the assertion.

Regards,

Christophe.

cdeneux
        Occasional Contributor

If I switch my JVM from OpenJDK 7 to Oracle Java 8, the NPE does not occur and all works fine. I'm not able to verify with Oracle Java 7 because it is no more downloadable without an Oracle support account.

I don't known if the problem is due to something missing in OpenJDK because of license compliance or if the problem is due to Java 7 vs Java 8.