Forum Discussion

dumbuser
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Multiple sql statements in one JDBC step with Oracle

Is there a way to use multiple sql statements with JDBC step while using Oracle database? I can have multiple inserts, updates etc. in one test step while working with Postgres, but with oracle I get ORA-00933 error. 

Is there a workaround so I don't have to make loads of separate JDBC steps? I have to change my tests made for Postgres so they would work in Oracle and I have A LOT of testdata creation and deletion. For example testcase which contains 7 steps right now would contain nearly 30 steps and I have testcases which would probably go up to atleast 50-60 steps. Also it's a lot of manual work, so maybe there's a better way.

Thanks in advance

• One way to achieve this is to use a groovy step and script the db queries, you should find the information you need to get started with groovy sql coding in the documentaion here

NOTE: The objects that are returned from the sql query methods are ArrayLists and so to retrieve a specific element (column name) from within the object (sql result object) you would use something like

object.specificElement

Hope this was helpful,

Mo

EDIT: You can also find some usage examples here

2 Replies

• One way to achieve this is to use a groovy step and script the db queries, you should find the information you need to get started with groovy sql coding in the documentaion here

NOTE: The objects that are returned from the sql query methods are ArrayLists and so to retrieve a specific element (column name) from within the object (sql result object) you would use something like

object.specificElement

Hope this was helpful,

Mo

EDIT: You can also find some usage examples here

dumbuser
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks, this was very helpful. Had to google some other examples as well for my case, but this was probably the best at explaining the principle.