Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move ReadyApi licence from a crashed laptop

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Move ReadyApi licence from a crashed laptop

Hello,

My pc crashed 2 days ago, I can not turn it on to uninstall the licence. I got a new laptop, and when trying to install my licence, ReadyApi refuse it saying that it is already activated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Move ReadyApi licence from a crashed laptop

Hey @amranial,

Sorry, i thought id posted an answer to this already.
This is a fixed term license, right? The trouble is that you need to deactivate a license before reapplying it to a different machine.
So you need to be able to access the ReadyAPI! software to do this.

When you say the pc crashed, can you clarify this point....are you saying you cannot login to windows?(im assuming youre running on windows here).
Assuming the pc wont start typically, have you tried logging in using safe mode? (Youd need safe mode plus networking).
You could run the OS via a PE image (like BartsPE or aomething equivalent) to access your harddrive or the alternative is you submit a support ticket to Smartbear and they will deactivate and then you can reapply thr license to a different machine

Ta

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Move ReadyApi licence from a crashed laptop

Hi @amranial,

In my opinion you should contact the support team by opening a new ticket.
https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI 

2020-11-23_09h48_44.png

The team can surely help you.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors