Forum Discussion

harmancheema
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

MongoDB connection working in ReadyAPI but not in SoapUI free version

Hi All,

I have a project being used in both ReadyAPI and SoapUI 5.4.0, and I'm using MongoDB. However, the mongoDB connection is working in ReadyAPI but not in SoapUI. I have copied the jar files in the bin/ext folder already.

This is how I'm connecting to Mongo:

import com.gmongo.GMongo
def mongo = new GMongo('127.0.0.1:27017');
def db = mongo.getDB('test');

I get the following when I try to connect to the DB:

ERROR:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mongodb/ServerAddress
   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mongodb/ServerAddress
   	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$2$1.run(CachedClass.java:74)
   	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$2.initValue(CachedClass.java:71)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass$2.initValue(CachedClass.java:69)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.util.LazyReference.getLocked(LazyReference.java:49)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.util.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:36)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass.getConstructors(CachedClass.java:268)
   	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.<init>(MetaClassImpl.java:218)
   	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.<init>(MetaClassImpl.java:228)
   	at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.createNormalMetaClass(MetaClassRegistry.java:171)
   	at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.createWithCustomLookup(MetaClassRegistry.java:161)
   	at groovy.lang.MetaClassRegistry$MetaClassCreationHandle.create(MetaClassRegistry.java:144)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.ClassInfo.getMetaClassUnderLock(ClassInfo.java:253)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.ClassInfo.getMetaClass(ClassInfo.java:285)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.getMetaClass(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:257)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getMetaClass(InvokerHelper.java:875)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.createCallConstructorSite(CallSiteArray.java:87)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:60)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:235)
   	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:247)
   	at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:3)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:90)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.run(WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.java:141)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel.java:250)
   	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
   Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mongodb.ServerAddress
   	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Any help why this is failing?

• harmancheema,

This happens when you didn't add jars into your Lib folder. ReadyAPI comes with pre-existing libraries.

Try to download mongo jar and add it in your C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SOAPUI-Version\lib folder

2 Replies

• harmancheema,

This happens when you didn't add jars into your Lib folder. ReadyAPI comes with pre-existing libraries.

Try to download mongo jar and add it in your C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SOAPUI-Version\lib folder

harmancheema
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you're right. I was adding it to the wrong folder. When I added it to the lib folder, the connection was working.

Thanks

Harman