Forum Discussion

pgrhome
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Missing Raw Data

Hello,

I am still quite new to this fascinating tool, but I have done something and I don't know how to get it back.

Anyway, here goes.

Whilst processing a request, after I had submitted the request to an endpoint, if I clicked on the tab called raw, I would see a representation of what was sent over the wire. But now it has stopped working and all I get is the request headers.

How do I switch this brilliant functionality back on?

9 Replies

• Hello,

It's possible you may have accidentally modified a setting for this but I haven't found a setting that does this
    Try restarting SoapUI and see if it resets back.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    This could be a known issue where you have to change the following preferences:

File > Preference > Editor Settings tab > check "Validate Requests"
    File > Preference > Editor Settings tab > check "Validate Responses"

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
    pgrhome
    Occasional Contributor
    Your a star.

Works perfectly.

Thank you very much.
    pgrhome
    Occasional Contributor
    Just a thought thou, I have tested the code and the values that I receive into my WCF interface are not the same as was reported by SoapUI to be sent? Any ideas?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Which values are you comparing? Is SoapUI are you looking at the 'Raw' request editor and the 'HTTP Log' tab at the bottom?

Also where's the difference; in the message body or headers?

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
      nkpalli
      Contributor

I am trying to explore SOAP UI tool and created a REST PRoject and trying to Invoke REST API and i get Missing raw response data . I am able to access REST API and get data when invoked via browser 

I have checked preference -Editor setting and validate requests and validate responses options are checked in but still give Missing raw response data 

Any Idea what else need to be checked ? 

nkpalli
      Contributor

I am trying to explore SOAP UI tool and created a REST PRoject and trying to Invoke REST API and i get Missing raw response data . I am able to access REST API and get data when invoked via browser 

I have checked preference -Editor setting and validate requests and validate responses options are checked in but still give Missing raw response data 

Any Idea what else needs to be checked ? 

gracie
        New Contributor

Is there another workaround for this?

I have tried setting the following:

File > Preference > Editor Settings tab > check "Validate Requests"
        File > Preference > Editor Settings tab > check "Validate Responses"

but I'm still getting <missing raw request data> when running load test.

Normal execution works OK.