Forum Discussion

a_wasink
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

JUnit report output in TEST-*.xml format.

Hi,

I'm following the userguide (http://www.soapui.org/userguide/command ... unner.html) to get JUnit output from SOAP-UI (Pro 2.5.1), but the output I'm getting is not complying the userguide. The output I get is a report.xml file along with the JUnit html report, but what I'm looking for is the bare JUnit TEST-*.xml output.

I need the bare JUnit TEST-*.xml output because I need to aggregate the testreports of multiple SOAP-UI projects into one JUnit report.

Is there a possibillity to get the bare JUnit TEST-*.xml output from SOAP-UI testruns?

Regards,

Arjen

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi a.wasink,

You can achieve what you need by extending com.eviware.soapui.report.JUnitReportCollector class and implementing custom behavior that you need.
    If you go that route, please publish your contribution back to soapUI community. 

Thanks!

Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla
    a_wasink
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Nenad,

I finally got some time to work on the JUnit reporting again. I did some further analysis and testing and found out that the free SoapUI 2.5.1 version does export the JUnit reporting as expected in the bare JUnit TEST-*.xml output.

So it seams to be a difference between the Free and the Pro version of SoapUI. This is supported by the fact that de testrunner.bat script starts a different testrunner class in both cases. I tried to run the test with the com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner class but this gives a SAXParseException on project load, possibly because my SoapUI project contains Pro version elements.

Do you have an idea how to get bare JUnit TEST-*.xml output out of the Pro version? Extending the com.eviware.soapui.report.JUnitReportCollector class does not seam to be the solution, because it already outputs the expected JUnit files in the Free version.

Regards,

Arjen
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Arjen,

this is fixed in upcoming nightly build; the pro-runner will export just like the core version, in addition to the generated HTML reports..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com