Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Interpreting LoadTest Reports

Greetings Eviware,
I would like some clarification please on my load test report to ensure I am analyzing the data correctly.
I have a test case which contains 10 methods/test steps.  I used the Simple strategy and set the delays to 0.  I set the thread count to 3.  I ran the test for 60 seconds.  The cnt for each step shows 39 and the test case total cnt shows 39.  What I am trying to analyze is the total number of requests that were sent during the test duration of 60 seconds.  Would it be 390? (10 steps x 39 cnt = 390)?  Or would it be 117?  (3 threads x 39 cnt = 117)?

In a similar test but different methods, I used the Simple strategy and set the delays to 0.  I set the thread count to 3.  I ran the test for 60 seconds. I have 8 steps in the test all doing the same thing---searching, but the size of the data being pulled varies in amount.  I have 8 methods and I set the thread count to 3.  I ran the test for 60 seconds.  The cnt for each step is 342 and the test case total cnt shows 342.  Does this mean that the total number of requests sent is 8 (steps) x 342?  Or 3 (threads) x 342 ?

Or should I be looking at TPS to calculate my number of requests?  In the latter case my TPS shows 5.65 for each step and a total test case TPS of 5.65 as well.  Should I take 5.65 x 60(sec) to calculate total TPS/requests?  Or would it be 5.65 x the number of threads x 60 seconds?

2 Replies

• Kade wrote:
    The cnt for each step shows 39 and the test case total cnt shows 39.  What I am trying to analyze is the total number of requests that were sent during the test duration of 60 seconds.  Would it be 390? (10 steps x 39 cnt = 390)?

Yes
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

What is shown is the total number of times an item (TestCase or TestStep) has been run, taken threads into account. This means that you never have to multiply by the number of threads you run to get the total.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com