Forum Discussion

Shanmuganathan
New Contributor
17 years ago

Intergating Groovy script with soapui

Hi,

I am in the process of automating WSDL interfaces using soapUI, while doing this I need to control the Teststeps(E.g Making some delay, accepting the user input that should be cascaded to next Teststeps etc.) with the help of groovy script. I tried in the web, but ended up getting nothing. When I run the testRunner utility through command prompt the script is not getting executed, however, Testcases are executed as expected . Do anybody have some idea on how to integrate

Thanks and Regards,
Shanmuganathan

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Shanmuganathan,

I'm not really sure I understand your setup.. how are you managing the groovy script that controls the teststeps? As a seperate file? etc? What do you mean with "I tried in the web"?

Sorry for not understanding, please give some more details so we can help :-)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Omatzura,

"I tried in the web" - I meant to say that I have searched(googled) in the internet for help.

Let me explain clearly,

Actually Groovy script is working fine when I use SOAP-UI GUI. It accepts input from the user(Prompt box) and even popups are displayed but I am not able to generate powerful reports. However, When I execute the test cases through command prompt(windows) using testrunner.bat utility, it does not show the popup(instead log message appears), moreover, Prompt utility never appears.

My goal is to achieve user interactive approach as well as Reporting. Testrunner.bat utility is it improves the user experience by allowing  us to generate html reports with rich look and feel, But it is not interactive as like SOAP-UI GUI.  Is there a way to sort out this issue? Hope you can understand my concerns!

Please let me know if you could not able to understand.

Thanks and regards,
    Shanmuganathan
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

ok.. now I understand.. you want the input dialogs to work even when running from the command-line.. this is currently not possible unfortunately, the command-line runner is meant for automated testing.. but it could easily be added in a future version.. please add a feature request at sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=737766) for this (named something like "add option to enable dialogs from testrunner").. thank you!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com